Saturday, March 13, 2010

9 months in, 9 months out

Photobucket

Well, it's official. My boy is nine months old! Where has the time gone? I can't decide if my pregnancy flew by faster or if the past 9 months have gone by faster. Either way, about a year and a half has gone by since I first found out my life was about to change drastically...I just never realized how much.

Some days I still think, gosh, this kid is awesome and he is MINE! How did I get so lucky?

He really is a great baby, and his little personality is starting to show through more and more every day. 2 weeks ago he took his first crawling "steps". He still doesn't go very far, as he is usually pretty satisfied as long as there is a toy in reach. (I am very thankful for that!) But the past couple of days he has started traveling a bit more. I really need to get my house baby-proofed!

He loves his Haiden. Every time he sees her, his face just lights up and he goes in for a hug. I know they are going to be best buds. And boy does she love her baby! She is like a little mama. She likes to take his paci out and say "He's not crying. He doesn't need it."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last weekend we did something that my friends and I have talked about for YEARS-went on a "mini-vacation" together. So 13 of us rented a cabin in the smokies and had the BEST time! Oh how thankful I am to have such great friends. Who would have ever thought that over 10 years ago when I ran out those doors of Patten Chapel that I was running into meeting some of the best friends and some great memories. It always amazes me how far we have come. From partying like rockstars at Rhythm and Brews and late night Greek show practices to getting married and now having babies (well, a few of us anyway). Our daily lives have changed but we still now how to have a good ol time! With babies in tow, we spent the weekend reminiscing, playing Jenga and Wii, and shopping shopping shopping. And who can forget the late night talks of our "deepest secrets" haha. It was a great weekend, and I hope it won't take another 6 years before we do it again!
Photobucket

Of course my child decided it would be a good time to get sick on me Friday before we left. He ran a fever all weekend, but luckily he acted fine. When we got back he was more pitiful and ended up with a rash which ended up being roseola. So this week I have been dealing with a sick baby. Whoever said breastfeeding would help him stay well was wrong in my child's case. I swear he picks up everything! But who knows...I guess if I didn't breastfeed he may be sick more often. Anyway, he is well now, and I am thankful for my sweet, happy baby back!

So I look forward to the next 9 months...watching Lucas grow more and more. And seeing him start to really interact with all the friends he has around him. He has 3 more friends who will be born in the next 5 months-Yasmine, Katie, and Abby will all have their babies by July...and Yasmine is due any day now. So exciting to share the joys of motherhood with these girls who have been my friends for SO many years. Lifetimes really!

OK enough blabbing. I am really going to try to update this more often. If not for anyone else, for myself so that I can remember these days more easily!

Photobucket

No comments: